If I am completely honest, even after all my years of being a Christian, I still struggle sometimes with my faith. I find it hard to understand why a good God allows bad things to happen.
I still have many questions.
I still wrestle with doubts.
I still struggle to comprehend how things like a life-long debilitating disease could be a part of God’s plan for me. And yet, I also choose to believe that if He has allowed this difficulty in my life then there MUST be a reason.
Because I know:
- He loves me. (Rom. 8:35-39)
- He is with me. (Deut. 31:6)
- And He can redeem anything to use it for my good. (Rom. 8:28)
I have found great encouragement in the following Bible verses on faith. They inspire me to keep trusting God. To keep fighting the good fight of faith.
And to keep believing in His good plan for my life . . . even if I have to believe for a long time.
How to Have Faith Bible Verses
The following truths and bible verses on faith in God are great to meditate on. They are a great place to start building our faith and trust in God.
Faith comes through God’s Word.
1) “So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.”-Romans 10:17 ESV
Faith comes from remembering God is working in ways we cannot see.
2) “For we walk by faith and not by sight.”-2 Corinthians 5:7 ESV
Faith comes when we remember God can do anything.
3) “Jesus looked at them and said, ‘With man it is impossible, but not with God. For all things are possible with God.’”-Mark 10:27 ESV
Faith comes when we remember God is always with us.
4) “Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”-Isaiah 41:10 ESV
Bible Verses on Faith and Trust in God
Sometimes we just need some biblical encouragement. The following bible verses on faith and trust remind us that God loves us, He is for us, and He is with us.
5) “For thus said the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel, ‘In returning and rest you shall be saved; in quietness and in trust shall be your strength.’”-Isaiah 30:15 ESV
6) “Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name; you are mine. When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you. For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.”-Isaiah 43:1-3a NLT
7) “The Lord is my light and my salvation—so why should I be afraid? The Lord is my fortress, protecting me from danger, so why should I tremble? When evil people come to devour me, when my enemies and foes attack me, they will stumble and fall. Though a mighty army surrounds me, my heart will not be afraid. Even if I am attacked, I will remain confident.”-Psalm 27:1-3 NLT
8) “This is my command—be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”-Joshua 1:9 NLT
9) “Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The Lord, the Lord himself, is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation.”-Isaiah 12:2 NIV
Bible Verses on Faith in Hard Times
These bible verses are great to put around your house to build you up in your faith when life gets hard. They are precious promises from God to fill us with courage and strength.
10) “The Lord is a shelter for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. Those who know your name trust in you, for you, O Lord, do not abandon those who search for you.”-Psalm 9:9-10 NLT
11) “You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you!”-Isaiah 26:3 NLT
12) “For you are my hiding place; you protect me from trouble. You surround me with songs of victory.”-Psalm 32:7 NLT
13) “It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.”-Deuteronomy 31:8 ESV
14) “The Lord is close to all who call on him, yes, to all who call on him in truth. He grants the desires of those who fear him; he hears their cries for help and rescues them.”-Psalm 145:18-19 NLT
Bible Verses on Faith and Healing
On the really hard days living with a chronic illness . . . the days when I lay on the couch because I am too dizzy to do anything else . . . I cling to the following verses. They are a source of encouragement and inspiration while I wait and pray for God to heal me.
And I pray they will uplift, motivate, and strengthen you, too.
15) “Heal me, Lord, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise.”-Jeremiah 17:14 NIV
16) “But I will restore you to health and heal your wounds,’ declares the Lord.”-Jeremiah 30:17 NIV
17) “He himself bore our sins” in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; “by his wounds you have been healed.”-1 Peter 2:24 NIV
18) “He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless.”-Isaiah 40:29 NLT
19) “He heals the brokenhearted and bandages their wounds.”-Psalm 147:3 NLT
20) “Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.”-Matthew 11:28-20 MSG
21) “Therefore, in order to keep me from becoming conceited, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.”-2 Corinthians 12:7a-9 NIV
Bible verses on Faith and Hope
One of the things that helps me the most when life gets hard is remembering the hope we have in Christ. It helps to keep in mind that life won’t always be this way . . . and Jesus will make everything right someday.
22) “He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever.”-Revelation 21:4 NLT
23) “Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.”-Hebrews 11:1 ESV
24) “Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God. Not only that, but we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.”-Romans 5:2-5 ESV
25) “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.”-Romans 5:13 ESV
26) “Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful.”-Hebrews 10:23 ESV
27) “The Lord says, “I will rescue those who love me. I will protect those who trust in my name. When they call on me, I will answer; I will be with them in trouble. I will rescue and honor them. I will reward them with a long life and give them my salvation.”-Psalm 91:14-16 NLT
28) “But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.”-Isaiah 40:31 NIV
Bible Verses on the Faithfulness of God
Nothing bolsters our faith more than reflecting on the faithfulness of God. When we think about everything He has done and all that He continues to do for us, it makes it easier to trust Him . . . even in the hard moments.
29) “But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one.”-2 Thessalonians 3:3 NIV
30) “Understand, therefore, that the Lord your God is indeed God. He is the faithful God who keeps his covenant for a thousand generations and lavishes his unfailing love on those who love him and obey his commands.”-Deuteronomy 7:9 NLT
31) “Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.”-Lamentations 3:22-23 NIV
32) “Your love, Lord, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies.”-Psalm 36:5 NIV
33) “He will cover you with his feathers. He will shelter you with his wings. His faithful promises are your armor and protection.”-Psalm 91:4 NLT
34) “Now I am about to go the way of all the earth. You know with all your heart and soul that not one of all the good promises the Lord your God gave you has failed. Every promise has been fulfilled; not one has failed.”-Joshua 23:14 NIV
35) “God is not human, that he should lie, not a human being, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?”-Numbers 23:19 NIV
Live By Faith
I pray these Bible verses on faith have raised your confidence in the God who loves you. That meditating on these scriptures will embolden your faith. And cause you to cling to Christ no matter what you face in life.
So that you can live by faith!
If you found this encouraging, then please share!
You may also enjoy:
- 26 Motivating Bible Verses on Prayer and Faith
- 35 Comforting Bible Verses on Healing and Strength
- How to Have Faith in God . . . Even When Life is Hard