“My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; he is mine forever.”-Psalm 73:26 NLT
Okay, I know we just met . . . but can I ask you a hard question?
Does it just take faith to believe that God could heal you? Or does it also take an incredible amount of faith to trust Him . . . even when He doesn’t?
Now, I don’t know what you are going through.
I don’t know what health issues you are facing. I don’t know the fears and worries keeping you up at night. But no matter what you are going through, I want you to hold onto this truth:
You are NOT in this place because you don’t have enough faith.
But believe me. . . God will use this place to GROW your faith.
Because it takes great FAITH to believe God is still good when life doesn’t feel good. To believe He is still working even when you can’t see what He is doing. To trust His plan when you don’t understand.
And that is what this little space on the internet is all about.
To help women cultivate a rich faith in poor health so they can live an abundant life with Christ.
We do this by offering encouragement in the areas of:
“Gracious souls, in their greatest distresses, rest upon God as their spiritual strength and their eternal portion.”-Matthew Henry
This is also a safe place.
A place where we can be candid. Brutally honest. Where we ask the hard questions. Wrestle with our doubts.
But it is also a place where we will challenge each other because at some point we have to make the hard choice.
- Will we continue to focus on our unfortunate health circumstances and bemoan our fate OR will we choose to lift our eyes to the God who gives and takes away?
- Will we choose to lean on our own understanding OR trust the God who sees everything?
- Will we replay all the reasons we have to despair OR will we cling to the promises of the God who has promised He will always be there?
While it can be difficult to suffer in this life, we must remember that tears have only been assigned to this lifetime.
And someday they will all be wiped away when we fall into the arms of Christ. (Rev. 21:4)
Until that day we can remember:
- God is with us when our hearts are broken. (Psalm 34:18)
- He loves us more than we can imagine. (Romans 8:18-39)
- And if He is allowing us to suffer from health issues then He will use them for our ultimate good. (Romans 8:28)
Our pain has a purpose.
Not a tear we cry is wasted. Not an ache in our heart goes unused. And if we choose to move towards God in our pain, He can take it and use it for something great.
- To grow our faith. (Hebrews 11:1)
- To teach us to lean on Him. (Phil. 4:13)
- To comfort and encourage others. (2 Cor. 1:4)
- And so much more . . .
“So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day.”-2 Cor. 4:16 ESV
Something to Help You Get Started . . .
Sometimes we just need a little help and encouragement which is why we created this awesome survival guide “How to Survive & Thrive While Dealing with Health Issues.”
This FREE 13-page resource has wonderful and practical tips for living well while dealing with poor health. The information and resources shared here were all designed to encourage and inspire you to not only survive . . . but THRIVE while dealing with health issues!
A Little About Me
My name is Collene and I am the owner of “Rich Faith in Poor Health”. I am a wife and mother of three adventurous children AND three crazy dogs. I love Jesus, my family, chocolate, coffee, and sitting on the beach. We live near Lake Michigan in the beautiful state of Wisconsin.
As a young mother, I was diagnosed with the hyperadrenergic subtype of Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS). Being a chronic illness warrior, I have learned firsthand what Paul meant when he said that God was his strength in his weakness. (2 Cor. 12:9)
And as a former prodigal daughter, I love to tell everyone about God’s amazing grace and reckless love that fully embraced me when I turned from my sin and ran home to Him.
Here’s to leaning on Jesus no matter what comes our way!
More things to check out:
- FREE Printables
- FREE Survival Guidebook: “How to Survive & Thrive While Dealing with Health Issues“
- Share your story! Write for RFPH!