On the hardest of days of living with a chronic illness, one of the most encouraging things is to think about God’s love for me.
Knowing I am dearly loved by my King, makes my heart want to sing.
It gives me hope on the days full of rain. It gives me peace on the nights full of pain.
And it reminds me that His love has made a way for me to join Him in paradise someday.
This is why I put together a list of 35 endearing Bible verses on God’s love for us.
I pray these reminders will fill your heart with joy, hope, wonder, and adoration for the God who loved you so much . . . that He gave up everything for you.
Psalms About God’s Love
These Psalms about God’s love remind us that God is always with us. Fighting for us. And comforting us with His perfect, unconditional love.
1) “How precious is your steadfast love, O God! The children of mankind take refuge in the shadow of your wings.”-Psalm 36:7 ESV
2) “Help me, O Lord my God! Save me according to your steadfast love!”-Psalm 109:26 ESV
3) “But you, Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness.”-Psalm 86:15 NIV
4) “Give thanks to the God of heaven. His love endures forever.”-Psalm 136:26 NIV
5) “For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his love for those who fear him; as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us.”-Psalm 103:11-12 NIV
6) “Show me your unfailing love in wonderful ways. By your mighty power you rescue those who seek refuge from their enemies. Guard me as you would guard your own eyes. Hide me in the shadow of your wings.”-Psalm 17:7-8 NLT
Bible Verses About God’s Love and Protection
These Bible verses about God’s love and protection show how God cares for us as a devoted father cares for his own children.
He protects us. Provides for us. And is always there to help and guide us.
7) “Keep yourselves in the love of God, waiting for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ that leads to eternal life.”-Jude 1:21 ESV
8) “Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed,” says the Lord, who has compassion on you.”-Isaiah 54:10 NIV
9) “Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.”-Isaiah 41:10 NLT
10) “For the Lord your God is going with you! He will fight for you against your enemies, and he will give you victory!”-Deuteronomy 20:4 NLT
11) “But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one.”-2 Thessalonians 3:3 NIV
12) “The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him.”-Nahum 1:7 NIV
13) “When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you.”-Isaiah 43:2 NLT
Bible Verses About God’s Love Never Failing
These Bible verses about God’s love never failing remind us that we can always count on God.
He is always with us. No matter what we face in life.
14) “For the Lord your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.”-Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
15) “The Lord appeared to us in the past, saying: ‘I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindness.’”-Jeremiah 31:3 NIV
16) “Know therefore that the Lord your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commandments.”-Deuternomy 7:9 NIV
17) “For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”-Romans 8:38-39 NIV
18) “Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.”-1 Peter 5:7 NIV
19) “As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love.”-John 15:9 NIV
20) “And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.”-Ephesians 3:17a-19 NIV
Bible Verses on God’s Love and Mercy
These Bible verses on God’s love and mercy remind us that because of His great love for us, God does not give us what we deserve.
Because of our sins, we deserve to be punished.
But God took the punishment we earned, and instead placed it on Jesus. And for that we should be forever grateful.
21) “And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love.”-Romans 5:5 NLT
22) “The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning.”-Lamentations 3:22-23 NLT
23) “The Lord isn’t really being slow about his promise, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent.”-2 Peter 3:9 NLT
24) “But God is so rich in mercy, and he loved us so much, that even though we were dead because of our sins, he gave us life when he raised Christ from the dead. (It is only by God’s grace that you have been saved!)”-Ephesians 2:4-5 NLT
25) “He saved us, not because of the righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He washed away our sins, giving us a new birth and new life through the Holy Spirit.”-Titus 3:5 NLT
26) “All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. It is by his great mercy that we have been born again, because God raised Jesus Christ from the dead.”-1 Peter 1:3 NLT
Bible Verses on God’s Love and Forgiveness
These Bible verses on God’s love and forgiveness remind us of His love for sinners.
He never gives up on us. He keeps pursuing us.
And when we turn to Him in repentance, He offers us complete and total forgiveness.
That is why we praise Him. That is why we sing.
Because His grace is nothing short of amazing.
27) “But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”-Romans 5:8 ESV
28) “This is real love—not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins.”-1 John 4:10 NLT
29) “Such love has no fear, because perfect love expels all fear. If we are afraid, it is for fear of punishment, and this shows that we have not fully experienced his perfect love.”-1 John 4:18 NLT
30) “My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.”-Galatians 2:20 NLT
31) “But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness.”-1 John 1:9 NLT
Bible Verses on God’s Love for the World
These Bible verses on God’s love for the world remind us of how much God passionately loves us.
He was willing to give up everything for us. To make a way for everyone in the world to be redeemed and washed clean.
So that we could someday live forever in paradise with Him.
32) “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”-John 3:16 NIV
33) “This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him.”-1 John 4:9 NIV
34) “See how very much our Father loves us, for he calls us his children, and that is what we are! But the people who belong to this world don’t recognize that we are God’s children because they don’t know him.”-1 John 3:1 NLT
35) “And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them.”-1 John 4:16 NIV
The Power of God’s Love
The power of God’s love can be seen most clearly at the foot of the cross. It was the power of Jesus’s love for us that kept Him there. And gave Him the strength to sacrifice Himself for us.
Even knowing that not all of us would be grateful for it.
Which is a thought that is quite humbling.
This is why it is so good to think about how great God’s love is for us.
It fills our hearts with joy. Wonder. Complete and utter astonishment.
Because the endearing love of our Father and King . . . is quite amazing.
If you found this encouraging, then please share!
And check out these inspiring Bible Verse Lists as well: