According to some estimates, there are more than 8000 promises in the Bible. That is a lot of promises!
So, what are some of God’s promises to us in the Bible?
Well, God promises to be with us. To fight for us. That if we seek Him, we will find Him. That if we believe in Him, we will have eternal life. That He will forgive us. That He will comfort, encourage, and strengthen us.
And so much more.
“And the Scriptures give us hope and encouragement as we wait patiently for God’s promises to be fulfilled.”-Romans 15:4b NLT
The following Bible verses on God’s promises are just a very, small sampling of God’s many great, awesome, and reassuring promises to us.
Bible Verses on God Keeping His Promises
Standing on God’s promises helps us face the storms of life. Because we know no matter what happens He is with us. He is for us. And He will help us get through it.
The following passages from God’s Word show us the confidence we can have that God will keep every single promise He has made . . . because He is faithful.
1) “For your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom. You rule throughout all generations. The Lord always keeps his promises; he is gracious in all he does.”-Psalm 145:13 NLT
2) “Not a single one of all the good promises the Lord had given to the family of Israel was left unfulfilled; everything he had spoken came true.”-Joshua 21:45 NLT
3) “Soon I will die, going the way of everything on earth. Deep in your hearts you know that every promise of the Lord your God has come true. Not a single one has failed!”-Joshua 23:12 NLT
4) “The Lord said to me, ‘You have seen correctly, for I am watching[a] to see that my word is fulfilled.’”-Jeremiah 1:12 NIV
5) “Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.”-Philippians 1:6 NIV
6) “Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.”-Galatians 6:9 NIV
7) “For all of God’s promises have been fulfilled in Christ with a resounding “Yes!” And through Christ, our “Amen” (which means “Yes”) ascends to God for his glory.”-2 Corinthians 1:20 NLT
8) “The Lord is good to all; he has compassion on all he has made.”-Psalm 145:9 NIV
9) “Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.”-Hebrews 10:23 NIV
Bible Verses on God’s Promises and Blessings
God’s promises often come with blessings. They may be the blessing of His presence, answered prayers, forgiveness, or something else.
Sometimes they even come as blessings in disguise . . . when we see God take something awful and use it for good. Just like He did in the life of Joseph. (Genesis 50:20)
The following passages of Scripture highlight the blessings of God’s promises.
10) “This is my command—be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”-Joshua 1:9 NLT
11) “Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you.”-Matthew 7:7 NLT
12) “I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them away from me, for my Father has given them to me, and he is more powerful than anyone else. No one can snatch them from the Father’s hand. The Father and I are one.”-John 10:28-30 NLT
13) “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.”-1 John 1:9 NIV
14) “Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.”-Psalm 37:4 NIV
15) “For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless.”-Psalm 84:11 NIV
Bible Verses on God’s Promises of Protection
One of the greatest promises in the Bible is about God’s protection. He will be with us. He will fight for us. And He will protect us.
This doesn’t mean everything in our life will go smoothly.
But rather, that no matter what happens our eternal future is secure. And even when bad things do happen, we can trust God to redeem them for our ultimate good. (Rom. 8:28)
16) “The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.”-Deuteronomy 31:9 NIV
17) “The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.”-Exodus 14:14 NIV
18) “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10 NIV
I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
19) “Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.”-Isaiah 43:1-3 NIV
20) “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.”-John 14:27 NIV
21) “For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”-Romans 8:38-39 NIV
22) “Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature, having escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.”-2 Peter 1:4 NIV
23) “If God is for us, who can be against us?”-Romans 8:31b NIV
Bible Verses on God’s Promises on Healing
The Bible also contains many promises God made in regard to our healing. But while we often think of healing as a physical thing, God also desires to heal us mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.
And someday He will heal us completely and fully . . . for all of eternity.
The following Bible verses on healing are a source of great encouragement.
24) “He gives power to the weak, And to those who have no might He increases strength.”-Isaiah 40:29 NKJV
25) “For I will restore health to you, and your wounds I will heal, declares the Lord.”-Jeremiah 30:17 ESV
26) “But he was pierced for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his wounds we are healed.”-Isaiah 53:5 ESV
27) “Lord, by such things people live; and my spirit finds life in them too. You restored me to health and let me live. Surely it was for my benefit that I suffered such anguish. In your love you kept me from the pit of destruction; you have put all my sins behind your back.”-Isaiah 38:16-17 NIV
28) “O Lord my God, I cried to you for help, and you restored my health.”-Psalm 30:2 NLT
29) “Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.”-Matthew 11:28-30 MSG
30) “The Lord hears his people when they call to him for help. He rescues them from all their troubles. The Lord is close to the brokenhearted; he rescues those whose spirits are crushed.”-Psalm 34:17-18 NLT
31) “Lord, help!” they cried in their trouble, and he saved them from their distress. He sent out his word and healed them, snatching them from the door of death. Let them praise the Lord for his great love and for the wonderful things he has done for them.”-Psalm 107:19-21 NLT
32) “And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.”-Philippians 4:19 NIV
33) “He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever.”-Revelation 21:4 NLT
Praying the Promises of God
Reading all these reassuring Bible verses on the promises of God is wonderful. But we can also use these Scriptures as a way to pray the promises of God. Take these passages and use them as a launching pad for your prayer time.
This is a great way to remind your heart and soul that no matter what you are facing . . . God is in control.
Because when as we soak in God’s Word, we remember God’s promises to us . . . and we realize we have no reason to fear.
And every reason to live with hope.
If you found this encouraging, then please share!
You may want to check out:
- 26 Motivating Bible Verses on Prayer and Faith
- 35 Comforting Verses on Healing and Strength
- How to Have Faith in God . . . Even When Life is Hard