26 Motivating Bible Verses on Prayer and Faith
The Bible has a lot to say about prayer and faith. Because when we have faith that God is on our side, praying to Him and asking Him for what we need is easy.
But if we are honest, sometimes our faith wavers.
Perhaps, because God hasn’t answered our prayers yet. Or He hasn’t answered them in the way we thought He would.
It’s at those times that we need some motivation. We need to go back to God’s Word so we can be reminded of all the reasons we have to believe God. To think about all His precious promises to us. And to keep in mind all the reasons we can pray with confident faith.
Because we know God loves us. God hears us. And God WILL answer our prayers in His perfect way and perfect timing someday.
Bible Verses About Prayer During Hard Times
One of the best things we can do when going through hard times is to make even more time for prayer. Even if it is just a simple, “Help me, Jesus” prayer.
Praying helps us connect with God. It can help us gain a greater perspective on what we are going through. And it can encourage us to keep going because we know God is with us.
Even in this.
1) “Only in returning to me and resting in me will you be saved. In quietness and confidence is your strength.”-Isaiah 30:15 NLT
2) “God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble.”-Psalm 46:1 NLT
3) “Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always.”-1 Chronicles 16:11 NIV
4) “You will pray to him, and he will hear you.”-Job 22:27 NIV
5) “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.”-Philippians 4:6 NIV
What Does the Bible Say About Prayer and Faith?
Have you ever wondered why prayer is important to our faith? It could be considered the first action step of our faith. We say we believe God can do anything.
But do we have the faith to ask Him?
Or are we afraid that He won’t respond the way we want Him to? So, we choose not to pray and ask Him at all?
These bible verses on prayer inspire us to learn how to pray in faith and trust God to work it all out according to His perfect will.
6) “This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.”-1 John 5:14 NIV
7) “Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.”-Jeremiah 29:12-13 NIV
8) “But God has surely listened and has heard my prayer.”-Psalm 66:19 NIV
9) “This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.”-1 John 5:14 NIV
10) “If you remain in Me and My words remain in you [that is, if we are vitally united and My message lives in your heart], ask whatever you wish and it will be done for you.”-John 15:7 AMP
11) “So I say to you, ask and keep on asking, and it will be given to you; seek and keep on seeking, and you will find; knock and keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you.”-Luke 11:9 AMP
Bible Verses on Putting Faith in God
What Jesus said about prayer shows us that He knew the power of prayer. He was always encouraging those around Him to put their faith in God.
12) “Jesus replied, ‘Truly I tell you, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and it will be done. If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.’”-Matthew 21:21-22 NIV
13) “And Jesus answered them, “Have faith in God. Truly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will come to pass, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.”-Mark 11:22-24 ESV
14) “And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.”-Hebrews 11:6 NIV
15) “If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind. For that person must not suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.”-James 1:5-8 ESV
16) “Jesus said to her, ‘Did I not tell you that if you believed you would see the glory of God?’”-John 11:40 ESV
17) “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.”-Proverbs 3:5-6 ESV
Bible Verses About Praying for Others
The importance of prayer in the Bible can be seen in the many verses on interceding for others. These verses show why prayer is so powerful and why taking the time to pray for those around us can make a real difference.
18) “And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.”-Ephesians 6:18 NIV
19) “Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.”-James 5:16 ESV
20) “First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way.”-1 Timothy 2:1-2 ESV
Bible Verses to Pray Over Others:
Sometimes we want to pray for others but we aren’t sure how. The following verses can be used as a great starting point in our prayers for others.
21) “I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people.”-Ephesians 1:18 NIV
22) “My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one.”-John 17:15 NIV
23) “And so, from the day we heard, we have not ceased to pray for you, asking that you may be filled with the knowledge of his will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding.”-Colossians 1:9 ESV
24) “May the God of endurance and encouragement grant you to live in such harmony with one another, in accord with Christ Jesus, that together you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.”-Romans 15:5-6 ESV
25) “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.”-Romans 15:13 ESV
26) “And it is my prayer that your love may abound more and more, with knowledge and all discernment, so that you may approve what is excellent, and so be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God.”-Philippians 1:9-11 ESV
What the Bible Says About Faith
The Bible is clear that when we pray, we should have faith in God. Because He loves us. He is for us. And He is with us every step of the way.
God alone knows what is best for us and will work all things out for our good.
So, whenever we pray . . . we can pray in faith.
If you found this encouraging, then please share!
You may also be encouraged by these articles!