27 Compelling Bible Verses on Trusting God in Difficult Times
Life can be tough.
(Isn’t that an understatement!)
But as Christians, we have a hope we can hold onto. A firm foundation under our feet.
And we have the promises of the God who loves us.
A God who is worthy of our trust.
However, if we are honest. These things are easy to forget.
Especially in our hardest moments.
This is why we put together this list of Bible verses on trusting God in difficult times. Because we all need reminders sometimes that we really can trust God.
Bible Verses About Strength in Hard Times
These Bible Verses about strength in hard times remind us that God is our strength when we are weak.
As we read these verses in His Word, we can keep our faith strong even in tough times.
1) “Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and will not be afraid; for the Lord God is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation.”-Isaiah 12:2 ESV
2) “Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”-Isaiah 41:10 ESV
3) “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”-Joshua 1:9 ESV
4) “God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. So we will not fear when earthquakes come and the mountains crumble into the sea.”-Psalm 46:1-2 NLT
5) “But blessed are those who trust in the Lord and have made the Lord their hope and confidence. They are like trees planted along a riverbank, with roots that reach deep into the water.”-Jeremiah 17:7-8 NLT
Bible Verses for Strength and Courage
These Bible verses for strength and courage inspire us to keep trusting God in difficult moments.
They remind us that God is with us. He is working in ways we cannot see. And because God is on our side . . . we can face anything.
6) “Jesus looked at them intently and said, ‘Humanly speaking, it is impossible. But with God everything is possible.’”-Matthew 19:26 NLT
7) “It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.”-Deuteronomy 31:8 ESV
8) “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.”-John 10:10 ESV
9) “Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me.”-John 14:1 ESV
10) “Commit everything you do to the Lord. Trust him, and he will help you.”-Psalm 37:5 NLT
11) “But when I am afraid, I will put my trust in you. I praise God for what he has promised. I trust in God, so why should I be afraid? What can mere mortals do to me?”-Psalm 56:3-4 NLT
Trusting God in All Circumstances Bible Verses
These scriptures for trusting God in all circumstances remind us that no matter what we are facing. . . we can trust our Heavenly King.
He will not fail us.
Because He is faithful to every one of His promises.
12) “Now I am about to go the way of all the earth. You know with all your heart and soul that not one of all the good promises the Lord your God gave you has failed. Every promise has been fulfilled; not one has failed.”-Joshua 23:14 NIV
13) “God is not human, that he should lie, not a human being, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?”-Numbers 23:19 NIV
14) “And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.”-Philippians 4;19 ESV
15) “Can anything ever separate us from Christ’s love? Does it mean he no longer loves us if we have trouble or calamity, or are persecuted, or hungry, or destitute, or in danger, or threatened with death? . . . No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us.”-Romans 8:35, 37 NLT
16) “Let me hear of your unfailing love each morning, for I am trusting you. Show me where to walk, for I give myself to you.”-Psalm 143:8 NLT
Bible Verses to Inspire You to Keep Trusting God
These Bible verses will motivate and inspire you to keep trusting God . . . even when life is hard.
17) “You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you.”-Isaiah 26:3 ESV
18) “Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord God is an everlasting rock.”-Isaiah 26:4 ESV
19) “And those who know your name put their trust in you, for you, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek you.”-Psalm 9:10 ESV
20) “The Lord is my strength and shield. I trust him with all my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving.”-Psalm 28:7 NLT
21) “I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.”-Romans 15:13 NLT
22) “Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.”-Proverbs 3:5-6 NLT
What does the Bible say about trusting God in difficult times?
The Bible has a lot to say about trusting God in difficult times because God knew we would struggle in this world.
These scriptures from God’s Word give us hope in those moments to keep fighting the good fight.
They remind us that trusting in God is the best thing we can do. Because we already know what happens in the end.
Because of Jesus . . . we win.
23) “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.”-Isaiah 55:8-9 ESV
24) “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.”-Jeremiah 29:11 ESV
25) “He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”-Revelation 21:4 NIV
26) “Trust in the Lord and do good. Then you will live safely in the land and prosper. Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you your heart’s desires.”-Psalm 37:3-4 NLT
27) “And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.”-Romans 8:28 NLT
What does it mean to trust God in difficult times?
So, what does it mean to trust God in difficult times? And how do we trust Him?
Well, it’s hard to trust someone you don’t know.
The best thing you can do when you find yourself struggling to trust God is to spend more time with Him.
- Dig into His Word.
- Memorize some of the above verses of Scripture.
- Meditate on them.
- Talk to God in prayer and be honest about what you are going through. (He already knows anyway.)
But after that, we have to make the choice to trust Him.
Not because of what we see in the difficult circumstances that surround us. But rather because we know who God is.
- He loves us. (1 John 4:10)
- He wants what is best for us. (Romans 8:28)
- And there is never a moment when He is not with us. (Deut. 31:8)
So, He is worthy of our trust.
If you found this encouraging, then please share!
And be sure to check out these other Bible Verse Lists as well: