It’s one of the hardest places to be. Living with a broken body.
I know. I get it.
I’ve lived for a long time now with a debilitating health condition that affects my everyday life. And yet, every day this health condition also teaches me to lean on Christ.
Because my hope is not in this life. Or in a miraculous healing.
My hope is in the God who loves me.
The God who is with me. Who has promised He will work ALL things out for my good. And who has made a way for me to be with Him for all of eternity.
But while hope for the future is nice. I also need encouragement for today. (And I’m sure you could use some, too!)
This is why I put together some of my favorite hope-filled and healing scriptures for the sick.
They will help your heart, mind, and soul find healing.
Even if your body never does.
Healing Scriptures for the Sick
These healing scriptures for the sick can bring us comfort and peace even while dealing with illnesses, syndromes, or diseases.
While these bible verses might not make our health problems go away . . .they remind us that no matter what we face, God is with us every step of the way.
1) “What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?”-Romans 8:31 ESV
2) “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.”-John 14:17 ESV
3) “And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.”-Philippians 4:19 ESV
4) “But now thus says the Lord, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: ‘Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine.’”-Isaiah 43:1 ESV
5) “He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength. Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted; but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.”-Isaiah 40:29-31 ESV
6) “But he said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.’ Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.”-2 Corinthians 12:9 ESV
7) “Cast your burden on the Lord, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved.”-Psalm 55:22 ESV
8) “Surely he has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; yet we esteemed him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted. But he was pierced for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his wounds we are healed.”-Isaiah 53:4-5 ESV
Healing Scriptures for Cancer
These healing scriptures for cancer remind anyone facing their worst nightmare that God is with them to guide them, comfort them, and be their strength in their greatest time of need.
Even in our darkest valley, we don’t need to fear because the God who loves us is always near.
9) “I can do all things through him who strengthens me.”-Philippians 4:13 ESV
10) “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.”-Proverbs 3:5 ESV
11) “Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”-Isaiah 41:10 ESV
12) “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.”-Philippians 4:6 ESV
13) “Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.”-Deuteronomy 31:6 ESV
14) “Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and will not be afraid; for the Lord God is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation.”-Isaiah 12:2 ESV
15) “The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name’s sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.”-Psalm 23:1-4 ESV
16) “Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.”-Romans 12:12 ESV
Bible Verses for the Sick and Dying
These bible verses for the sick and dying will bring comfort and peace to anyone preparing to transition from this life to the next one.
They remind us that God is with us and He has prepared a beautiful place for us.
A place where there will be no more mourning, crying, or pain. A place where we will finally get to meet our Savior face to face.
And we will be fully healed of everything for all of eternity.
17) “Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.”-Matthew 5:4 ESV
18) “The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.”-Psalm 34:18 ESV
19) “Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live, and everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die. Do you believe this?”-John 11:25-26 ESV
20) “Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever.”-Psalm 23:6 ESV
21) “When the perishable puts on the imperishable, and the mortal puts on immortality, then shall come to pass the saying that is written: ‘Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting?’ The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.”-1 Corinthians 15:54-57 ESV
22) “Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”-Matthew 11:28-30 ESV
23) “Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. In my Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also.”-John 14:1-3 ESV
24) “No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.”-Romans 8:37-39 ESV
25) “He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.”-Revelation 21:4 ESV
Healing for the Sick
Healing for the sick isn’t always about the physical aspects.
Because the truth is, for some of us, healing isn’t going to come in this life.
But even when God doesn’t heal us physically, He can heal us emotionally, mentally, and spiritually.
He can use this hard health issue we are going through, to draw us to His saving truth.
To encourage us to meditate on and dig into passages like the ones shared above.
And to help us learn how to lean on Him even in the midst of our suffering.
Sometimes God chooses to heal our broken bodies. But sometimes He chooses to let our bodies break while saving our souls for all of eternity.
One day we will understand the why behind it all. But until then, we can hold onto hope.
Because the God who loves us holds onto our souls.
And He is preparing a much better place for us.
Where we will never need healing again. AMEN!
If you were encouraged by this then please share!
You may also want to check out:
- 33 Encouraging Psalms for Hard Times
- 35 Comforting Bible Verses for Healing and Strength
- 33 Uplifting Scriptures for Encouraging Others