When you live with a chronic illness that affects your everyday life, you tend to think about and pray for healing A LOT.
However, in my journey with the Lord, I am learning there are many ways He wants to heal us.
And not all of them are physical.
God knows what is best for us. He can see our entire lives from beginning to end. And He has a plan.
We just have to learn to trust Him. And lean on Him.
Because it is in Him we find healing for our minds, hearts, souls, and bodies.
What Does the Bible Say About Healing?
We’re not just physical beings. This is why the Bible talks about a lot more than just our physical healing. Because God wants to also help us heal mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.
He heal us from the inside out.
He can heal our souls through what Jesus did on the cross for us. He can heal our minds through the Holy Spirit so we can think clearly. And He can heal our hearts through His love so we can learn to live for Him.
The following scriptures for healing are great for meditating on and praying through every aspect of our health.
Scriptures on Healing the Mind
These scriptures on healing the mind remind us that what we think about matters.
Our thoughts become desires. Which become actions. Which become habits.
This is why it is so important to let the Holy Spirit heal our minds and renew our thoughts.
1) “Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.”-Romans 12:2 NIV
2) “We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. And we will be ready to punish every act of disobedience, once your obedience is complete.”-2 Corinthians 10:5-6 NIV
3) “And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.”-Philippians 4:8 NLT
4) “For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.”-Hebrews 4:12 ESV
5) “Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men.”-Philippians 2:5-7 ESV
6) “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.”-2 Timothy 1:7 NKJV
7) “Therefore, preparing your minds for action, and being sober-minded, set your hope fully on the grace that will be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ.”-1 Peter 1:13 ESV
Scriptures on Healing the Body
These scriptures on healing the body remind us that because God created our body, He can heal it if He chooses to do so.
But He will do it in His perfect way. And His perfect timing.
Which may mean healing instantly. Over time throughout our life. Or maybe not even until the next life. When we enter our eternal home with Him.
8) “He said, “If you listen carefully to the Lord your God and do what is right in his eyes, if you pay attention to his commands and keep all his decrees, I will not bring on you any of the diseases I brought on the Egyptians, for I am the Lord, who heals you.”-Exodus 15:26 NIV
9) “But I will restore you to health and heal your wounds,’ declares the Lord . . .”-Jeremiah 30:17 NIV
10) “He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.”-Psalm 147:3 ESV
11) “Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved, for you are my praise.”-Jeremiah 17:14 ESV
12) “Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”-Matthew 11:28-30 ESV
Scriptures on Healing the Heart
These scriptures on healing the heart remind us that God cares about our feelings.
He knows the worries, and fears weighing heavily on our hearts. And He tells us to bring all these things to Him.
To lay them at His feet and trust that He will take care of us.
Because He loves us.
13) “Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.”-1 Peter 5:7 NLT
14) “I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid.”-John 14:27 NLT
15) “I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.”-John 16:33 NLT
16) “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.”-Proverbs 3:5 NIV
17) “The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.”-Psalm 34:18 NIV
Scriptures on Healing the Soul
These scriptures on healing the soul remind us that because of what Jesus did on the cross all of our sins can be forgiven.
We can be completely restored, redeemed, and healed through the blood of Jesus. He made a way for us to be made right with God so we can spend eternity with Him.
And for this we should be forever grateful.
18) “Let all that I am praise the Lord; may I never forget the good things he does for me. He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases.”-Psalm 103:2-3 NLT
19) “Surely he has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; yet we esteemed him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted. But he was pierced for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his wounds we are healed.”-Isaiah 53:4-5 ESV
20) “He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed.”-1 Peter 2:24 ESV
21) “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.”-2 Corinthians 5:17 ESV
22) “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”-1 John 1:9 ESV
Scriptures to Meditate on for Healing
These scriptures are perfect for meditating on. Or for memorizing.
They remind us of God’s love for us. And that Jesus is the ultimate source of our health and well-being.
23) “And in Christ you have been brought to fullness. He is the head over every power and authority.”-Colossians 2:10 NIV
24) “As a mother comforts her child, so I will I comfort you . . .”-Isaiah 66:13 NIV
25) “Lord, you know how I long for my health once more. You hear my every sigh.”-Psalm 38:9 TLB
26) “You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.”-Isaiah 26:3 NKJV
27) “My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.”-Psalm 73:26 ESV
How do you pray for your mind, body, heart, and soul to heal?
If you want to pray for your mind, body, heart, and soul to heal, you simply need to ask God to help you.
He loves you and wants what is best for you.
This doesn’t mean He will instantly heal you. (Although He could.)
And it doesn’t mean the path toward healing will be easy. (Although it might.)
What it does mean is that the God who loves you more than you could possibly imagine is with you every step of the way.
And as you learn to lean on Him, you will find healing.
Whether that is today. Or later on.
According to His perfect ways. And His perfect timing.
If you found this encouraging, then please share!
Check out these other great Scriptures as well!