We often face moments of grief, sadness, and depression in life.
And when our hearts are breaking over all the hard things we are facing, the last thing we may want to do is count our blessings.
But giving thanks moves our focus from all we lack to all we have been given.
There are many benefits of gratitude shown in the Bible.
Because God knows when we learn to cherish all the good things in our life, it becomes easier to handle the hard times.
He wired our brains to release serotonin and dopamine when we think about all we are grateful for. And those chemicals cause us to feel joyful and peaceful.
The following Bible verses on gratitude will help you focus on the good so you can live with more hope and happiness.
No matter what comes your way.
- Bible Verses on Having an Attitude of Gratitude
- Bible Verses on Gratitude and Thankfulness
- Bible Verses about Gratitude for Blessings
- Bible Verses About Being Thankful for the Little Things
- Bible Verses on Thanking God in Difficult Times
- Giving Thanks to God for Everything
- What does the Bible say about grace and gratitude?
Bible Verses on Having an Attitude of Gratitude
The following verses from God’s Word inspire us to praise rather than complain. Which is the key to living a joyful life.
1) “Let your roots grow down into him, and let your lives be built on him. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness.”-Colossians 2:7 NLT
2) “Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe.”-Hebrews 12:28 NIV
3) “Give thanks to the Lord and proclaim his greatness. Let the whole world know what he has done.”-1 Chronicles 16:8 NLT
4) “Sing to him, yes, sing his praises. Tell everyone about his wonderful deeds.”-1 Chronicles 16:9 NLT
5) “Let all that I am praise the Lord; may I never forget the good things he does for me.”-Psalm 103:2 NLT
Bible Verses on Gratitude and Thankfulness
Gratitude and thankfulness go hand in hand. And the following Scriptures are inspiring reminders to thank God for all He has done.
6) “Come, let us sing to the Lord! Let us shout joyfully to the Rock of our salvation. Let us come to him with thanksgiving. Let us sing psalms of praise to him.”-Psalm 95:1-5 NLT
7) “And you will say in that day: ‘Give thanks to the Lord, call upon his name, make known his deeds among the peoples, proclaim that his name is exalted. Sing praises to the Lord, for he has done gloriously; let this be made known in all the earth.’”-Isaiah 12:4-5 ESV
8) “Then I will praise God’s name with singing, and I will honor him with thanksgiving.”-Psalm 69:30 NLT
9) “Let us come to him with thanksgiving. Let us sing psalms of praise to him.”-Psalm 95:2 NLT
10) “Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless his holy name! Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits, who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit, who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy.”-Psalm 103:1-4 ESV
Bible Verses about Gratitude for Blessings
These verses about being grateful for our many blessings are also short and easy to remember. Which makes them great verses to meditate on.
11) “You have endowed him with eternal blessings and given him the joy of your presence.”-Psalm 21:6 NLT
12) “They will receive the Lord’s blessing and have a right relationship with God their savior.”-Psalm 24:5 NLT
13) “You go before me and follow me. You place your hand of blessing on my head.”-Psalm 139:5 NLT
14) “From his abundance we have all received one gracious blessing after another.”-John 1:16 NLT
15) “Lord, you alone are my inheritance, my cup of blessing. You guard all that is mine.”-Psalm 16:5 NLT
Bible Verses About Being Thankful for the Little Things
Sometimes it helps to have a good Bible verse on gratitude to memorize. This way when you face a hard time, the Holy Spirit can bring those Scriptures to mind.
16) “This is the day the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it.”-Psalm 118:24 NLT
17) “Always be joyful. Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.”-1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 NLT
18) “But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.”-1 Corinthians 15:57 ESV
19) “And give thanks for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.”-Ephesians 5:20 NLT
20) “For everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, for it is made holy by the word of God and prayer.”-1 Timothy 4:4-5 ESV
Bible Verses on Thanking God in Difficult Times
It’s the hardest place to be. When your heart breaks and you fall to your knees. But in those moments, we can cry out to God.
We can pray through the pain. And choose to praise Him even in the rain.
The following verses on thanking God in challenging times remind us there is something good going on . . . even in the heartache.
21) “Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produce perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.”-James 1:2-4 NIV
22) “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”-Philippians 4:6-7 NIV
23) “We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation. And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love.”-Romans 5:3-5 NLT
24) “I will offer to you the sacrifice of thanksgiving and call on the name of the Lord.”-Psalm 116:17 ESV
25) “The Lord is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him.”-Psalm 28:7 ESV
Giving Thanks to God for Everything
These verses are reminders from God’s Word to encourage us to give thanks to God for every little thing we have.
Because God is good.
So, everything good comes from Him.
26) “Whatever is good and perfect is a gift coming down to us from God our Father, who created all the lights in the heavens. He never changes or casts a shifting shadow.”-James 1:17 NLT
27) “Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever.”-1 Chronicles 16:34 NLT
28) “Enter his gates with thanksgiving; go into his courts with praise. Give thanks to him and praise his name.”-Psalm 100:4 NLT
29) “May you be filled with joy, always thanking the Father. He has enabled you to share in the inheritance that belongs to his people, who live in the light.”-Colossians 1:11b-12 NLT
30) “Continue steadfastly in prayer, being watchful in it with thanksgiving.”-Colossians 4:2 ESV
What does the Bible say about grace and gratitude?
The Bible talks a lot about grace and gratitude. Because when we think about our sin. How awful it is.
And remember that because of Jesus we have been forgiven and will live forever in eternal paradise with Him . . . it’s hard to not feel overwhelmed with gratitude.
And even though life can be hard, we can remember the promises of the God who loves us.
- He is right by our side the entire time.
- He has a plan even if we don’t understand.
- And even when we can’t see what He is doing, we can trust that behind the scenes He is working.
When we remember these things, we can find a lot to be grateful for . . . even on our hardest days.
If you found this inspiring, then please share!
You may also enjoy:
- 35 Inspiring Bible Verses on Faith
- 33 Reassuring Bible Verses on God’s Promises
- 33 Encouraging Psalms for Hard Times